Paragon Community Housing Group is a provider of affordable homes and services across ten boroughs in the South East, managing 9,000 homes across our two subsidiaries: Elmbridge Housing Trust and Richmond upon Thames Churches Housing Trust. We provide advice on all aspects of tenancy, welfare benefits and other associated areas… Continue Reading Paragon Community Housing Group
See also online resources for more places to find advice
Richmond AID is the largest advice provider for disabled people in the borough of Richmond. We provide advice to people of all ages and impairments by phone, email or face to face.
We have a number of advice projects for disabled people and their carers including:
- Advice Service – we provide up-to-date information and advice on all aspects of disability including: employment; housing; education; access; aids and adaptations; transport and mobility; equipment, health and social care.
- Benefits Advice Service – we provide support and assistance in claiming for welfare benefits including help with filling in forms.
- Money Advice Project – we can help you with prioritising your debts; making a debt payment plan; negotiating with your creditors; budgeting; setting up bank accounts and direct debits for rent/household bills; looking at your utility bill costs and finding cheaper alternatives and applying for grants.
- Employment – Richmond AID run a job club and support people with advice around employment issues.
- Independent Support Partnership – we provide support for parents and carers and young people around the changes from statements to Health, education and Care Plans (EHCPs).
Specific advice services provided:
Richmond AID has a generalist Advice Service, a Welfare Benefits Service, a Money Advice Project and Children and Families Information Service.
We provide a range of other advice and projects that support disabled people to remain independent including:
• IntoSport – helping you to access exercise and well-being opportunities.
• SPADE –for support with gardening.
• Richmond Travel Buddy – supporting young people aged 14 to 25 to gain confidence using public transport.
• Social centres and befriendingOpening Hours: 9-5, Monday to Friday (organisation) Advice Service: 11am-4pm, Monday to Friday